Several tools are effective for smoothing polymer clay and achieving a polished surface. The choice of tool depends on the specific task and your personal preferences for working with the clay.
Common tools for smoothing polymer clay:
- Acrylic Rod: An acrylic rod or roller can be used to gently roll over the clay’s surface, smoothing out imperfections.
- Pasta Machine: A pasta machine with a smooth roller attachment is ideal for flattening and conditioning the clay.
- Soft Brush: A soft brush can be used to lightly brush the clay’s surface, removing fingerprints and minor irregularities.
- Rubbing Alcohol: Rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab can help smooth the clay’s surface and remove blemishes.
- Clay Shapers: Silicone or rubber-tipped clay shapers can be used to blend and smooth clay, especially in tight spaces or detailed areas.
Experiment with different tools to find the ones that work best for your specific project and desired finish.