Starting with polymer clay is an exciting journey into the world of sculpting and crafting. To get started, you’ll need a few basic supplies:
- Polymer Clay: Choose a variety of colors to unleash your creativity.
- Sculpting Tools: Basic tools like blades, sculpting knives, and shaping tools help you manipulate the clay.
- Work Surface: A clean and smooth surface to work on, such as a ceramic tile or acrylic sheet.
- Oven: Polymer clay requires baking in a regular household oven to cure and harden.
- Protective Barrier: Use aluminum foil or a dedicated baking sheet to prevent direct contact between clay and oven.
- Texture Sheets: These add texture and patterns to your creations.
- Rolling Pin: Helps flatten clay evenly and achieve desired thickness.
- Molds: Create intricate shapes and details using silicone or other molds.
- Finishing Supplies: Sandpaper, varnish, and paint for adding final touches.
With these supplies, you’ll be well-equipped to start crafting and sculpting with polymer clay.